And that’s the end of the first week’s anime quiz, answers are below. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and leave their answers. To those that didn’t, I’m curious if the questions were too easy or too difficult. Tune back on Monday for Anime Quiz 2.
Question 1: Name the anime that features these three characters: Roy Mustang, Edward Elric, Ling Yao.
- The answer is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Ling Yao did not appear in the original series.
Question 2: Name the anime that features these three characters: Griffith, Casaca, Guts.
- The answer is Berserk, which I still need to see.
Question 3: Name the anime that features these three characters: Battler Ushiromiya, Maria Ushiromiya, Beatrice.
- The answer is Umineko no Naku Koro ni which got translated to Umineko: When They Cry.
- The answers are A – Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, B – FLCL, C – Fantastic Children.
Question 5: Which of these anime series aired first?
- I should have clarified when I’m talking time with these series I’m referring to their original Japanese air date and if it makes a difference, unless stated otherwise, I’m using the date of the first episode. The answer to this question is B – FLCL which dates from April 2000.
Question 6: Which of these anime series aired last?
- The answer is C – Fantastic Children which aired October 2004. The first season of GitS:SAC started airing October 2002. (I hadn’t specified I was looking for the first season but the second season of GitS:SAC started January 2004 so it wouldn’t have made a difference.)
Question 7: Which two anime series share a musical connection?
- The answer is A and C. Origa sang the opening to both seasons of GitS:SAC and the ending song to Fantastic Children.
Question 8: Which two anime series share an organizational connection?
- The answer is A and B. Production I.G did animation production work on GitS:SAC and FLCL.
- The answer is Madhouse. From the top the 3 anime shown were Aoi Bungaku, Unico and the Island of Magic, and Kurozuka.
Question 10: What decade was this animation studio founded?
- The answer is the 1970’s. (1972 was the year but I wasn’t expecting people to know that 🙂 .)
Question 11: The people who founded this animation studio were former members of what animation studio?
- The answer is Mushi Production or Mushi Pro.
Question 12: One of the original co-founders of the studio named in question 9 left to form what animation studio?
- The answer is Mappa.
- The answer is Rie Kugimiya who is also known as the Queen of Tsunderes, though I tried to pick her non-Tsundere roles here to make it a little more difficult to guess. These three roles were Koto from Kyousougiga, Nora from Noragami, Alphonse Elric from Full Metal Alchemist and FMA:Brotherhood.
- The answer is Kana Hanazawa, aka HanaKana, who voiced 4 of the these 5 characters and B was the role that she did not voice (Mikono Suzushiro from Aquarion Evol). For those curious A was Kobato Hanato from Kobato, C was Kagome Ikaruga from Asu no Yoichi!, D was Nedeko Sengoku from Bakemonogatari, E was Akane Tsunemori from Psycho-Pass.
Question 15: Magia was used for which anime’s ending theme?
- The answer is Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
To tally results
PP – 10 points (I gave half credit to questions 1 and 4.)
Ian K – 9 points
miharusshi – 7 points (I gave half credit to questions 4 and 14.)
Jim D – 4 points (I gave half credit to questions 1 and 4.)